Re: Linear Hypothesis IS the Cause of P -Reply

Joyce,

You are absolutely correct. This is a lose - lose situation for the
nuclear industry. The fact that there is minimal impact below a
threshold, the public will never let the radiation phobia go for two
reasons:

1. As you said, if we ALL agreed that there are NO effects below
    whatever value we chose, the public will cry, "Conspiracy"!!!

2. If there is disagreement as we currently have, expert against
expert, the public will say, "SEE, there IS no consensus, and
therefore we must err on the side of safetly."

Yes, it is a lose - lose situation .. and I don't believe, and I
assume many here do as well, that we will NOT see any change in the
regulatory policy making in our generation. That doesn't mean that it
is a false policy, but it will not change. Unfortunate as that may
be.

Sandy Perle
Director, Technical Operations
ICN Dosimetry Division