Re: Cancers defined as "radiogenic diseases"

While the fact that prostate cancer has not been shown to be a result of
radiation exposure is certainly germane to this action, let's not overlook
the point of broader significance that, because radiation has been
associated with the occurrence of some cancers, they should be labeled as
radiation phenomena. This is somewhat akin to calling any puncture in which
a foreign object enters the body through impact and penetration (be it a
slug, knife, scalpel, hypodermic needle, etc.) a "gunshot wound" and
awarding a purple heart and other benefits, despite that the vast majority
of such occurrences are not associated with projectiles (much less
firearms), and many, if not most, are associated with the receipt of some
benefit (medical procedures). This Orwellian mis-speak must be eliminated or
we will all suffer from the result of skewing of risk-based decisions and
policies due to political or other selfish motivations, not to mention the
redistribution of our tax dollars.

Bob Hearn
Unaffiliated
No disclaimers