Re: Uranium hair analysis?

Barbara, as always, makes som e very good points and poses some important
questions.  The US Transuranium and Uranium Registries have also received
inquiries from individuals who have undergone hair analysis by this and
other labs and have had high values reported.  Without getting into the
problems related to such an analysis (eg contamination by endogenous U) it
would seem that there is a bigger question here, and one related to public
health.  So far as I know, there is no licensure or qualification required
for such laboratories, or even an ANSI standard governing their analytical
work.  Should this be something we as HP's should pursue?

Ron Kathren