RE Gamma Radiography

I have missed much of this thread having been gone [mail postpone]
and skipping a lot of it.  But Steve at umcp asked about how to know
radiographers are on site.  Having had a little experience I venture
the following suggestion.

You have to get to the Engineers/Construction people that write the
requests for proposals and negotiate a standard clause[s] to require
that the radiographers give advanced notice, provide information on
precaustions, verify licensing, etc.  Bear in mind that the General
Contractor usually hires the radiographers if not one of the sub-
contractors.  This generally more needed in renovations than new con-
struction.  And finally it is usually needed in a hurry.

Peter G. Vernig, VA Medical Center, Denver vernig.peter@forum.va.gov