Re: NRC Licensing of Am-241

Wes Van Pelt wrote:
> In my experience, and in
> discussions with NRC officials, any NRC licensee who is licensed to
> possess radioactive material may transfer exempt quantities of it to
> anyone at all. The catch is that if a NRC specific licensee wants to
> distribute exempt quantities COMMERCIALLY, he/she must get a specific
> license which allows COMMERCIAL distribution of exempt quantities.

Wes, This solves my waste disposal problems!  Now I can transfer my waste in
individual exempt quantity limits to my local garbage collector. :^)

If you receive licensed material it is always licensed material, period.
Refer to 30.41.

--
Kent Lambert, CHP
lambert@allegheny.edu

All opinions are well reasoned and insightful.
Needless to say, they are not [necessarily] the
opinions of my employer. - paraphrased from Michael Feldman