Re: NRC Licensing of Am-241

Kent Lambert wrote:

> Wes, This solves my waste disposal problems!  Now I can transfer my waste in
> individual exempt quantity limits to my local garbage collector. :^)
>
> If you receive licensed material it is always licensed material, period.
> Refer to 30.41.
>
> --
> Kent Lambert, CHP
> lambert@allegheny.edu

Kent and Fellow Radsafers,

Kent, you are dead wrong here. It is perfectly clear that a licensee may
transfer a portion of his/her licensed material to a person exempt from
licensing. (And do it many times over, as long as it is not commercial
distribution.)

See 10 CFR 30.41 and then read 10 CFR 30.18.

Cheers, Wes

--
Wesley R. Van Pelt, Ph.D., CIH, CHP                   KF2LG
President, Van Pelt Assoc., Inc.      vanpeltw@mail.idt.net