chloride duct tape

Glen in you respond to the following question.

>     How about a tape that is approved for use on stainless steel with
>     respect to nuclear power plant components?  I believe there is a
>     concern over chlorides or possibly something else in the adhesive.  I
>     believe the concern is the fact that chlorine is considered to be a
>     bad actor in the area of enhancing intergranular stress corrosion
>     cracking.

       We are using a "white" duct tape that does not have any chlorides,
and approved by our chemistry department. It has the same characteristic of
other tapes minus the chlorides.
Mr. Rahim Ghanooni
Sr. Health Physicist
Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM)
319-851-7133 Tel
319-851-7626 Fax
rahim@inav.net
My opinion only