Re: NRC Licensing of Am-241

In reference to the Exempt Quantity Responses, Texas and Maryland have
the same type of license, I believe we pretty much copied their state
regulations, but I have not found anything in them that lists a limit
for exempt quantities.  An individual may possess, use, transfer, etc...
exempt quanitities, and they are exempt from the regulations.  I think
Wes said this already, sorry if I am repeating.  I can fax the section
of our state regs to anyone who is interested.  At UMCP our Radiation
Safety Committee has taken the stance to license everything that arrives
on the campus under our Broad Scope Agreement State License.  We haven't
had any problems with this so far.  Hope this helps.

steve at umcp