Re: Exempt vs. Non-licensed ?

OK Sandy,

Here is my contribution to a flat Radioactive Material License.

1. Anything with a specific activity equal to or less than standard (or
reference)man can be buried anywhere with out restriction.

2. Anything with a specific activity equal to or less than a standard (or
reference ) banana can be sold as food. (or drink, or cosmetic, or body
paint).

3. Anything with a specific activity equal to or less than a standard (or
reference) Northern temperate zone tree may be burned with out restriction.

These limits of course apply only to the radioactivity present. After all we
wouldn't want to sell anthrax toxin as food even though the plutonium <aka
the most hazardous substance known to man> contaminant was within this limit.

Anybody else wish to help with this reductio ad absurdum <sorry no italics>

Regis A. Greenwood, C H P
ragreen!@nwohio.com
           OR
ragreen1@aol.com

The opinions, if any, expressed are solely my own. My employer seldom
approves of me, let alone my opinions.