Re: NRC Licensing Conditions

(1)  yes

(2)  see 10 CFR 20.2302:  "The Commission may, by rule, regulation, or order,
impose requirements on a licensee, in addition to those established in the
regulations in this part, as it deems necessary to protect health or to
minimize danger to life or property."

Bill Lipton
Here's to a risk free world, and other fantasies.

Hello RADSAFERs,

        Thanks for the input about licensing of Americium-241.

        I have another question that I need an answer for.

Does the NRC have the authority to place a CONDITION on a license that is
not directly supported by a specific Federal regulation?

If so, what gives them the authority to do this?

Tad  Blanchard              /__ \ /___\    NASA-Goddard Space Flt Ctr
Nat'l Health Svc, Inc            O             Greenbelt, Maryland
Sr Health Physics Tech          / \            Phone: 301-286-9157
                               /___\           Fax:   301-286-1618
                  Tad.M.Blanchard.1@GSFC.NASA.gov