Results of Test Decon

Considering all the wonderful help I have
received from members of RADSAFE I though
you would be curious as to how it went.

Unfortunately the decontamination effort was a
failure. We selected 4 small pieces of metal to
decontaminate and did a quick scrub/rinse on
each of them.  I then scanned them and all four
turned up still being contaminated.  I then
selected a piece to concentrate on.  The
selected piece was solid iron 12 " x 6 x 4 and
weighted ~50 lbs.  The top flat surface
contained most of the contamination and was
scrubbed/rinsed a total of 4 times.  The RTs
spent half an hour on the single metal block.
For this the RTs used a degreasing agent and a
wire brush.