NOT recorded due to the threshold (minimum reporting level).As Steve
Croslin suggested, we have debated the wisdom of reporting all positive
values and decided against that approach.

*** Reply to note of 11/04/96 12:36

From: Steve Croslin
To: RADSAFE --INELMAIL RADSAFE

Subject: Re: MDL and Dose Effects

It might be worthwhile to add that ORNL, and I would assume most other
accredited dosimetry programs, not only have a much lower minimum reportable
dose threshold than in the past, but also now keep the raw data that goes
into dose determination.  This raw data, along with the criteria used to
calculate the minimum reportable dose, will allow epidemiologists and others
to "rehash" the numbers in retrospective studies. (In fact, that is one of
the primary reasons the raw data is maintained.) But it seems open to debate
whether all positive doses, even those with a large uncertainty, should be
reported to the worker.

Steve Croslin
ES&H Support
P.O. Box 2008