Re: MDL and Dose Effects - opinionated response -Reply

Charles Willis wrote:

> Byron:
>
> The reason for not wearing your dosimeter during a chest x-ray or
> other medical procedures is that, as Les said, the "dose" being
> determined is a regulatory construct and generally the
> regulatory limits exclude medical radiation.
>
> Charlie Willis

This "regulatory construct" is an example of why ALARA is useless. On
the one hand we spend untold time, money, and effort on ALARA in the
laboratory and institution, and nothing at all on ALARA where the doses
are the greatest, the medical field.
The gods must be crazy, to coin a phrase

--
H.Wade Patterson
1116 Linda Lane

"When we hold a conclusion inviolate, sometimes the assumptions require
certain adjustments."  Harold Hopfenberg, Prof. of Chem. Eng., N.
Carolina State University.