Re: ISO Standards

Don:  I have a copy of ISO Standard 9978, dated 15 Feb 1992, "Radiation
Protection -- Sealed Radioactive Sources -- Leakage Test Methods."  Is it
your understanding that this 1992 version has now been superceded by a later
version?  If so, what is the date?  REGARDS

At 04:24 PM 04-11-96 -0600, you wrote:

>Happy Monday, Radsafers.
>
>I recently heard that there is an ISO standard which defines what a
>sealed source is, and what the testing requirements are. Do any of you
>know what the standard is and its nomenclature? Has the NRC accepted ISO
>standards?
>
>Thanks for your help. You can reply to me directly.
>
>Donald P. Mercado, O/47-20, B/101      PROFS Nickname: DMERCADO
>Radiation Safety Officer            Email: Don.Mercado@lmco.com
>Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space            Tel. (408) 742-0759
>Sunnyvale, Ca 94089                         Fax. (408) 742-0611

David W. Lee
Radiation Protection Policy
& Programs Analysis Group (ESH-12)
Los Alamos National Laboratory