Re: KI Inquiry -Reply

Dr. Marvin Goldman wrote:

> It may be moot for the US, but it could have prevented many , if not most,
> of the over 1000 childhood thyroid cancers in the kids near Chernobyl, many
> of whom got several Gy to the thyroid.  I grant that that was a different
> accident than what we expect from our light water reactors.
I couldn't agree more. Also, if the Russians had prevented the children
from drinking iodine-contaminated milk, that would have helped too.
Seems to me I remember the Brits condemned thousands of gallons of milk
after the Windscale accident decades ago.  Apparently, the Russians
didn't learn anything from that accident.  Even if it were to happen
here (or anywhere else), we'd have both of those tools to prevent
thyroid cancers in potentially contaminated children.  Al Tschaeche
xat@inel.gov