Re: OLD ANSI STD.

Phil:  The confusion results from the ANSI having renumbered its standards.
Back in 1968, what is now called "American National Standard N542, Sealed
Radioactive Sources, Classification," used to be numbered "ANSI N5.10-1968.
When this 1968 version was revised, it became ANSI N542-1977 under the same
title.  This ANSI N542-1977 standard was later renumbered "ANSI N43.6 (1977)
and has since been repeatedly "reaffirmed."  ANSI N43.6 is in the process of
revision and a new version will probably be issued in early 1997.  REGARDS.

At 10:05 AM 07-11-96 -0600, you wrote:
>We received a copy of a leak test certification from a contractor. It
>references:
>
> ANSI  N 5.10-1968 Appendix B Section B2.1 Wipe, (Smear) Test
>
>Can someone tell me where I may find a copy of this?  Is this standard
>applicable today?
>

>Phillip Llewellyn
>PLLLEWELLYN@TVA.GOV
>FAX 205.386.2370