Re: Radiation monitoring badges in cine/floro exams

>I believe that court cases carried to the Circuit level, in at least
nine of the circuits, have set the precedent  that compliance with the
regulations < and being able to prove it > does indeed meet the
necessary standard of care.

A very good summary of some of these cases and views on them can be
had by attending one of the Continuing Ed courses at the Various HPS
meetings. I am fairly certain that Dave Weidis will be giving this
course at the San Jose meeting. That course, wether it be the 8 hour,
the 4 hour or even a shorter one is well worth the time etc.

Regis A. Greenwood, C H P<

True statement, however, as Dave Wiedes will tell you, this hasn't
been the case in all Courts. Each court can determine for themselves
what is Standard Care. It is refreshing that most have stated just
what you mentioned in your statement above. I sill contend that when
an employee believes that you, the employer, have their best
interests in mind, they don't sue. In a majority of the cases it
appears to be one where the employee felt slighted, and that the
employer went out of their way NOT to do what was right, by the
employee. So, if we provide the necessary dosimetry, I believe the
employee recognizes that, and, litigation might very well be
mitigated from ever being filed in the first place. That should be
one of our primary goals, to protect our business and reputations...

Regards,

Sandy Perle
Director, Technical Operations
ICN Dosimetry Division