Webster Calculation - EDE questions

I am becoming more aware of medical facilities using the Webster
Calculation, which is bascically an EDE calculation. Simply, it uses
a dosimeter on the outside of the collar and a dosimeter under a lead
apron on the chest. The specific questions I have are:

1. The NRC 10CFR20 Standard does not allow for reporting an EDE.
    Therefore, I assume that the specific state jurisdiction permits this
    dose reporting. Is this an accurate statement?

2. I have copies of some dose reports which utilized the Webster
    Calcuation, and what is displayed is that the collar badge is used to
    reprort the LDE and is not used for either the DDE or SDE column on
    the Occupational Exposure Summary report (NRC Form 5 Equivalent).
    The dosimeter under the lead apron is used to report the DDE and SDE.
    Why isn't the collar badge also used to report the DDE Head)  and the
    unexposed SDE?

3. How does one identify that it was an EDE calcualtion on the Form
    when all that is shown currently is DDE, SDE and LDE. The individual
    and the regulatory agencies would not know that this is an EDE
    calculation?

I would approeciate any enlightenment on this issue. My assumption is
that there are some technical inconsistencies. Assistance from
medical facilities using this technique, and some state regulatory
agencies who allow this technique would be very much appreciated.

Thanks ...

Sandy Perle
Director, Technical Operations
ICN Dosimetry Division