Shallow Dose Calculation from low energy photons

I would like to estimate the shallow dose to the skin from a skin
contamination event where the contaminant emits low energy photons, say
10 to 60 keV.  I am aware of the use of VARSKIN for estimating dose from
beta contamination.  Is there a similar code for low energy photons?

I have done the point source calculations from first principles, but I
want to calculate the dose to a larger area from a distributed source.
I would appreciate any pointers to references for this type of
calculation.

Thanks in advance.
--
Mike Lewandowski
Westinghouse/WIPP      voice(505)234-8419