re: ionization chambers, micro rem meters, etc.

 The original post raised a question (in my mind at least):

 What kind of operations involving radionuclides could result in a need to
 monitor beta dose rates and would not already limit access to the area by
 non-radiation workers due to contamination concerns? Maybe I spent too much
 time in the nuclear power community, but I couldn't think of anything. If
 there is, I would appreciate a reply.

 Thanks,
 Richard W. Edwards, Analyst            The Boeing Company
 Phone/Fax: (206)393-1999/393-3060      P.O. Box 3703, M/S 6Y-38
 email: shea132@kgv2.bems.boeing.com    Seattle, WA 98124-2207