Re: 86Rb bigger issue - OPINION

Excerpts from 86Rb message:

>First, I would like to thank the many kind people who took the time to write
me with their advice on how to shield 86Rb............Based on the responses of
one or two people, I realize that some feel that asking this sort of question
to RADSAFE may not be appropriate, and that they should be addressed directly
to a health physicist in the facility......
 I do apologize if this was inappropriate -- I will be very hesitant before
asking any more questions, to be sure........

>Rhonda O'Keefe
>rhonda_okeefe@cambneuro.com

MY OPINION

I am disgusted with the responses to this list server which led Rhonda O'Keefe
to APOLOGIZE for asking a pertinent question!!! If that question is
inappropriate, then tell me WHAT IS APPROPRIATE?? As a group, we spend more
time discussing what is appropriate to discuss rather than addressing issues
which subscribers bring to the table. I found the 86Rb discussion to be a
useful confirmation of the measures we would take in our laboratories while
working with that isotope. But to start talking about the LEGAL IMPLICATIONS of
offering an opinion, advice or information on the listserver...We might as well
all cancel our subscriptions.

Carol Lentz
Parke-Davis Pharmaceutical Research
lentzc@aa.wl.com