86Rb bigger issue

Tried to send this once but guess I shouldn't have used the word "from"!

First, I would like to thank the many kind people who took the time to write to
me with their advice on how to shield 86Rb.

Based on the responses of one or two people, I realize that some feel that
asking
this sort of question to RADSAFE may not be appropriate, and that they should be
addressed directly to a health physicist in the facility.
    "Is there not a health physicist _anywhere_ at this facility who _should_ be
     answering this question?"

To explain a little about our case, we are a small start-up company.  I am the
RSO, and have significant experience and training, but am not a health physicist
(I'm in charge of safety, facility, security, etc.)  We have a consulting health
physicist from a respected local university and I have spoken to him about
shielding 86Rb; he advised us to shield it primarily with plexiglass.  He also
mentioned that he had never worked with this isotope.

When the user decided to use a lead apron and rely mainly on lead for shielding,
despite my having advised him otherwise, I was hoping to get (and did get) some
this was not the right way to go, particulary due to the potential for over-
exposure to the hands.  Perhaps I should have worded my question to make this
more clear, but it was also nice to hear confirmation of our consultant's
advice.  I do apologize if this was inappropriate -- I will be very hesitant
before asking any more questions, to be sure.

Once again, many thanks to those who provided advice and the benefit of their
experiences with 86Rb.

Rhonda O'Keefe
rhonda_okeefe@cambneuro.com