Re: RadWorker Training

While at FPL we addressed this issue many times. The bottom line was
that HR,  Legal Counciland even EEOC determined that Rad Worker Trianing was to
be completed in English.

>      1. What type of facility/site are you, e.g. reactor, DOE, academic,
>      private industry, etc.

         a) Reactor (previous life)

>      2. Have you been asked to conduct RadWorker training in a language
>      other than English? If so, how did you respond and why?

         a) Several times.
         b) If the individual couldn't pass the test in English, and didn't
             have a working understanding of the language, the individual was not
             granted unescorted access to the plant. Not understanding English
             could be serious since PA announcements would not be understood,
             emergency instructions from other workers would not be understood,
             etc. This decision was upheld ... even by EEOC.

>      3. If you do teach RadWorker in another language, what language(s)? Do
>      you then require bilingual postings/signs/RWPs etc.?

         a) NA

Sandy Perle
Director, Technical Operations
ICN Dosimetry Division