Re: Radiation Experiments, etc.

>Evil empire?  Interesting thought.  Poor treatment of service
personnel? OK, time for someone else to weigh in on this subject.<

The basis for the "evil empire" comment is our country's apparent
lack of concern for, or demonstrative effort, to come to the aid of
our citizens and especially our members of the armed services, when
they are in harms way, or, when they are affected by external
chemicals, pollutants, and yes, even testing when not informed of the
environment they are working, fighting or living in. As far as
non-consensual or lack of knowledge regarding the fact that human
beings were tested as if they were "test animals" ... I will not
debate, for no matter what the benefit verrsus risk rationale, it is
despicable, pure and simple. It really doesn't matter that there were
no risks, for THEY, the "testers" didn't know what the conclusions
would be. The only important fact that exists is ... those being
tested were not informed of the test, the purpose or the potential
risks. That was the crime.

Evil empire?? Yes, I stand by that comment. When a government bends
over backwards to fight not only compensation for members of the
armed forces, for irrefutable evidence that they have been exposed to
highly toxic chemicals, while fighting for this country, as in Desert
Storm. but takes years even to acknowledge that they were ,, when
THEY had evidence to the contrary, that is inexcusable. Desert Storm
is not the first case, nor will it be the last.

Testing for knowledge is not the issue as far as I am concerned. It's
the methodology employed. Do we just say, the end justifies the mean?
What is good for the majority at the expense of the weak .. is OK?
Hindsight is a nicety. We should learn from it. This country is made
up of american citizens. The last I knew, WE were the government. The
politicians are there to support us. They are not there as
puppeteers, although it seems that way, most of the time.

Sandy Perle
Director, Technical Operations
ICN Dosimetry Division
Office: (800) 548-5100 Ext. 2306