Final thoughts on ICN barrage -skip if necessary

The attacks on Sandi Nemecek's post regarding the Siemens  move, related
problems associated with the move and the "reality of WHO was in
charge" prior to the move was uncalled for and very unprofessional.
The post did not attack anybody from the former Siemen's management.
The post only provided facts to refute a lot of" behind the back"
attacks on the acquisition and the future of the current Siemen's
customers. The post was not an advertisement in any way ...
These are the facts ... period!

1. Siemens had attempted to sell the Dosimetry Division for over a
    year. ICN made a business decision and bought the company. Anything
    wrong with this?

2. Siemens' management lied to the dosimetry staff about the
    acquisition and the future of their positions with the company, NOT
    ICN.

3. Service ... GOOD or BAD, from July 17 through November was 8, was
    under the complete diection of the existing Siemen's management, as
    prior to the July 17 period.

4. Sandi named a few of the new staff additions. I was one of them .
    By naming us Sandi was in no way attacking any of the former
    Siemen's management. THEY were all offered positions at ICN in
    their CURRENT, as they had at Siemens. I knew the Siemen's staff
    prior to the acquisition, and prior to becoming an ICN employee,
    because I did a NVLAP assessment there in 1993. Good people worked
    there, so, NO attacks were made on their staff.

5. Stating that the technical support will improve under my direction
    again is NOT attacking their previous management. Using TQM and SQC
    that I have been using for the past 12 years WILL improve the
    accuracy and precision of what we process. This is a fact, not an
    attack. There will be more QC and QA performed than previously
    performed. There will be more technical scrutiny of the processing
    runs and data analysis, and more interaction with the customers
    regarding technical issues. This is an improvement, my philosophy and
    is not attacking any previous management.

6. When company's change --- CHANGE is inevitable. Instead of tearing
    down one's effort to improve, support should be offered. Those who
    had personal liaisons with the former management should look at
    working with us, and not be looking back, attacking every effort made
    to improve the service they are getting.

Sandi Nemecek's post was attacked as advertising. How unfortunate.
Any member of this forum should be given the opportunity to respond to
criticism from other forum members. This was the case, with attacks,
innuendoes and many misrepresentations from former Siemen's customers.
NO, the attacks were not evident in RADSAFE posts, but they were
there, and since many members on RADSAFE are also former Siemen's
customers, they had the right to receive information that refutes the
wild and vicious attacks being made on our business.

Is this an advertisement? NO, I don't think so. It is my right, as an
employee of ICN, a member on RADSAFE, a professional health
physicist and more importantly, an individual who has the freedom to
speak out when one is wronged .. without need. These are my comments
.. they have NOT been with my superiors at ICN .. but then again, I
never had the need to clear my opinions with anyone before ..
therefore no need now. Those who know me know that I don't agitate
easily, but when I do, nothing will hold me back. In this case, these
incessant attacks called for one more response. This is it.

One last comment .. I will continue to post on issues that I find
timely in our profession ... Nothing other that pulling my access
will change that.

Sandy Perle
Director, Technical Operations
ICN Dosimetry Division