No Subject

If I may employee your assistance once again, I would like to know how you
handle contaminated clothing.  If 100 ml of C-14 in water, total activity
0.1 uCi is spilled directly on street clothes (i.e. lab coat NOT being worn)
would you discard the clothing or launder them and return them to the
employee.  I'm familiar with the option of cutting out the contaminated area
of the clothing, but hardly seems realistic when dealing with street
clothes.  My initial response would be to discard the clothing because I
don't know how you can assure that after decon, you have removed all C-14.
Since this clothing is street clothing worn directly against the skin, I
feel justified in this logic. I'm wondering if others would agree or if you
would wash the clothes and return them to the employee.  If you would like
to respond, my e-mail address is kulpanowski@glerl.noaa.gov     Thank you
for your assistance.