Re: Annual Report to Workers

Actually, the answer to this may be rather simple. In the DOE-regulated
world, 10CFR835 requires the annual report for each person for whom
monitoring was REQUIRED BY THE REGULATION, which means any person likely to
exceed 100 mrem in a year or handle radioactive materials etc. The
regulations also says that if monitoring is PROVIDED, records must be kept
and legitimate requests for dose information must be answered.

Check your regulations. If the report is required for everyone for whom
moniotinr is REQUIRED, then the law does not force you to report the extra,
unrequired monitoring that you did because you're agood citizen. If,
however, the regulation says you must report to each individual for whom
monitoring was PROVIDED, then the law requires reporting to everyone
monitored.

At SLAC we badge everyone entering the fenced area. We report annually to
those for whom monitoring is required and those permanently badged people
for whom monitoring is not required. The short-term temporary badge data is
not automatically reported (only by request).

Bob Flood
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
(415) 926-3793     bflood@slac.stanford.edu
Unless otherwise noted, all opinions are mine alone.