Re: '96 AAHP Exam Results

> From:          Bill Pitchford <Bill.Pitchford@asu.edu>
> First Class mail does not establish delivery of the item.
>
> That is why government entities send legal documents by certified mail.

	In Chicago, certified mail does not establish delivery (at least
	the way I understand things.)

	Because I run the department's service section,  several times a year
	I will  get certified mail, (mostly warning or recall notices from
	therapy equipment  manufacturers.)

	A couple of months ago, I was stunned to have to go to the hospital
	postal station to retrieve a  piece of certified mail and had to sign for
	it. Thinking back, I couldn't remember the last 	time I actually signed
	a reciept.  For the last 15 years or so, I would just find the mail in my
	 departmental mail box, usually with  the proof of delivery tag torn
	off, but  occasionally with the entire card still attached to the mail.

Frank R. Borger - Physicist - Center for Radiation Therapy
net: Frank@rover.uchicago.edu   ph: 312-791-8075 fa: 791-3697

"I promise you we won't build an airport in Lake Michigan, if it
bothers one resident of the lake!"
 - Daley the elder, (former Mayor of the City of Chicago.)