Self-absorption correction

Does anyone know of any "generic" self absorption factors that work for
alpha/beta counting that would help get me in the ball park for a 2"
planchet counted in a typical laboratory low bkg proportional counter.  I
know the mass of the solids deposited on the planchet - its in the range of
50-100 mg. Is there a common reference that will get me close without having
to build self absorption calibration curves?

Thanks
Keith Welch
Newport News VA
welch@cebaf.gov