Re: de minimus

At 06:53 PM 26-11-96 -0600, you wrote:
>Dear Radsafers
>
>Does anyone know the IAEA definition for "de minmimus" levels of radioactivity?
>
>Regards
>
>Alex Zapantis
>Environmental Radiation Officer
>Office of the Supervising Scientist       Email: azapantis@dest.gov.au
>40 Blackall Street                                 Phone: (int+) 61 6 274 1642
>Barton ACT 2600 AUSTRALIA                 Fax : (int+) 61 6 274 1519
>
>The Office of the Supervising Scientist is a Branch of the
>         Federal Environment Protection Agency

Alex:  To my understanding, what amounts to the IAEA 'de minimus non curat
lex' activity and activity concentration values, by radionuclide, can be
found in IAEA Safety Series No. 115, Schedule I.  For the moment, the IAEA
appears to like Latin terms about as much as the NRC does; thus you won't
find the term 'de minimus' used.  The IAEA uses the term 'exemption,' etc.

REGARDS

David
David W. Lee
Radiation Protection Policy