Subject: Re: HP Certification - Study is Key
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at INTERNET
Date:    12/2/96 5:34 PM

With the 1995 exam results trending lower than usual, the American Board of
Health Physics sent out a questionnaire requesting feedback from the
candidates who took the exam.  Analyses of the results showed that there was
no apparent correlation between taking a prep. course and passing and also no
apparent correlation between educational level (beyond the bachelors degree)
with passing
The questionnaire showed that the only positive correlation with passing the
exam occured with the estimated time spent studying.  T

This finding gives credence to Charlie Willis' advice to study, study,
study....

Nancy P. Kirner
Parliamentarian, ABHP

You didn't mention if grades for both part 1 and part 2 were down.
Part 1 is divided into several catagories.  It might be constructive
to know if only certain of those catagories scored lower and also if
lower scores were made on part 1 as opposed to part 2 or vice versa.
<>    Charles R. (Russ) Meyer                  <>
<> Email: cmeyer@tdh.state.tx.us           <>
<>     Phone:(512)834-6688                       <>
<>        Fax:(512)834-6654                        <>