Survey

      Hello everybody,
          I am currently involved in a study at our facility to
      try to optimize our use of respirators, anti-contamination
      clothing and engineering controls.  As part of this study we
      want to compare our policies and practices with the rest of the
      country (world).  If some of you would take the time to answer
      the following questions, it would be appreciated.  If you can
      only answer some of the questions or some of them do not apply
      to your facility, please respond to the ones that do.

      Please forward the answers to me directly and I will summarize
      the results and post it to radsafe for anyone that is
      interested.

      1.  What type of facility do you work at (i.e. BWR, PWR,
      research, DOE, etc.)

      2.  What is the total dose for your site in a typical year
      attributed to internal exposure.  What is the minimum detectable
      intake of you internal dosimetry program.

      3.  What limit for internal exposure are you trying not to
      exceed. (i.e. the lower of regulation, company policy, etc.)

      4.  How many entries into airborne areas occur at your facility
      in a year.

      5.  How many respirators does your site use in a year.

      6.  At what concentration of airborne radioactivity do you
      require a respirator.

      7.  How many entries into contamination areas occur at your
      facility in a year.

      8.  What is the minimum anti-contamination dress in
      contamination areas.

      9.  What is the sensitivity (MDA) of your personnel
      contamination monitors.

      10. How many time per year does a person exit a contamination
      area with detectable contamination on his/her personal clothing,
      skin.

       david.allen@fernald.gov