Re: Radiation Hardness of materials

Scott,
At SLAC we have an internal document CN-104 entitled "Radiation Resistance
of some Plastics and Insulating Materials" which takes data from radiation
damage studies done at CERN.  This document shows that PVC shows mild to
moderate damage at 10e7 rads and unusable at 10e8 rads.

I don't know for sure but it would seem that CPVC should not have
significant radiation resistance property than PVC (anyone, please correct
this if you know).  Therefore this information should be valid.

Polystyrene on the other hand doesn't show any damage until about 3x10e8
rads.