From: radsafe
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: Part 33 proposal -Reply
Date: Friday, December 06, 1996 8:58AM

To Kent and anyone else who might care:

Just to keep the record straight on license fees:  The money does not go to
the NRC but goes
into the Governments general funds.  Congress required the NRC to collect
enough money
from its licensees to compensate for what the NRC spends but what the NRC
may
spend is
set by Congress.  The NRC budget is not affected by changes in the fee
structure.

Charlie Willis
caw@nrc.gov