Re: More Greepeace intervention

Frank Free Spirit Borger wrote:

> > From:          xat@inel.gov (Alden Tschaeche)
> >

>         For anyone interested, the article by Alax Gabbard is available at
>
>         www.ornl.gov/ORNLReview/rev26-34/text/colmain.html
>
>         Alex  calculates that a typical coal-fired plant in 1982 released
>         5.2 tons of Uranium, (containing 74 pounds of U-235) and
>         12.8 tons of Thorium.  Interesting reading.

And the calculated population dose from a 1000 MWe coal plant is 490
person rem and 4.8 person rem from an equivalent nuclear plant.  So why
are we still burning coal and not uranium??

This is an incredible article.  I just downloaded and read it.  All
radsafers should read it and use the information in educating the
public.

Bruce Busby, how about putting this article in your publications on your
internet site?

Al Tschaeche xat@inel.gov