Schedule B (10 CFR 30.71) Activity Values -- How Were They

The first of the three FR citations is the original final rule for this exemption from
licensing.  In it you should have found the citation for the original proposed rule: 33
FR 11414, August 10, 1968.  It contains the basic criteria for the choice of the
values.  Although this exemption (10 CFR 30.18  and 30.71) was finalized in 1970,
there was a general license in 10 CFR 31.4 and 31.100 Schedule A prior to this
time, which was replaced by this exemption.

If you have trouble finding this citation or interpreting it, you can contact me direct.

By the way, we are in the early stages of trying to determine whether these values,
and other exemptions, should be changed.

Cathy Mattsen
NRC
CRM@nrc.gov