cutting back on message traffic

(Note: This is [hopefully] the only public posting of this message that
you will see in a while.  From now on, I'll try to keep this in private
e-mail.  Also, please note that moderation messages sent privately are
not meant "personally," nor do they imply that I'm "angry" or
something.  I simply am attempting to keep message traffic to
moderately reasonable levels.  Thanks.)

As the number of messages posted to the RADSAFE Internet mailing list
has become overwhelming, it has become necessary to remind subscribers
of the following excerpt from the RADSAFE rules:

"2. Please keep in mind that RADSAFE is for the discussion of issues
    related to radiation protection.  Flames and other messages which
    do not add substantive content to the discussion should not be
    posted."

Some examples of messages which do not add substantive content to the
discussion are "thank you," "me too," and "I agree" messages; there are
many other such examples.  Although it is tempting to post support
and/or appreciation for the thoughts of another subscriber, or post a
joking "throwaway" comment, such messages do not contribute greatly to
the content to the discussion when considering the increase in message
traffic incurred by them.  If such messages must be sent, please send
them via private e-mail.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.  A response to this message
is not necessary.

Melissa Woo
RADSAFE List-owner/manager

--
Melissa Woo, Health Physicist                    |m-woo@uiuc.edu
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign       |ofc 1.217.244.7233