Re: Irradiation blackmail info...call Horme

JMUCKERHEIDE@delphi.com wrote:
> >______________________________ Forward Header
> >Subject: Irradiation blackmail info...call Hormel with support
> >Author:  md_brown@ccmail.pnl.gov at Internet
> >Date:    12/6/96 7:08 PM
> >
> >  I called Hormel this morning around 10:00 (our time).  The nice person
> >  who answered - Joan - said they had gotten about 500 calls, most of
> >  them after Food & Water put it on the Internet, and most negative.  I
> >  told her to sit tight, the numbers were about to change.

I called Hormel this morning and had a nice chat with a Consumer
Affaris representative.  She gave me the same story that was posted
here.  She said that Hormel was hearing from two different groups:
Food & Water, Inc. supporters and then persons familiar with food
irradiation who believed it to be safe.  She asked questions about
what I knew about the process, it's safety and the effects on food
quality.  She took my name, background and ZIP code.

If you know any experts in FOOD SAFETY, ask them to call Hormel
at 1-800-533-2000 for Consumer Affairs.  Hormel would like to
hear from that group.

Louis
Louis H. Iselin, Ph.D.           * Go Gators! *                   <*>
curently, Assistant Professor of Physics (Health Physics Program)
Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania
Bloomsburg PA  17815-1399                             lhi@poboxes.com
New position as of 2 January 1997.