Re: Irradiation blackmail info...call Horme

> Date:          Wed, 11 Dec 96 18:11:30 -0600
> From:          JMUCKERHEIDE@delphi.com
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Subject:       Irradiation blackmail info...call Horme

> The following is being forwarded to all of you for your information. I am
> going to call Hormel to support food irradiation.  Please do so if you are
> so inclined.

	I looked at the original post to the newsgroup, and the followup
	messages.  Every one of the replies basically considered the
	original poster as being way out in left field. The following
	post is IMHO a typical example. If this is typical of the
	people responding, I  don't think Hormel has a problem.

	I am a bit non-plussed by Mr DeWitt's confusion about
	the difference between radiation and radioactive particles,
	but other than that, his analogy is quite  appropriate.

	Mr DeWitt's post  follows

From: Bill DeWitt <TheMiller@theimagemill.com>
Newsgroups: rec.food.preserving
Subject: Re: Irradiated food?
Dave,
        Thank you for this lovely post. I somehow missed the original.
I am an organic farmer, beekeeper, vegetarian, Tai Chi instructor who
happily eats irradiated food after looking at the facts. The _radiation_
( as opposed to radioactive particles ) are as safe as my microwave. You
don't stick your head in it but the food comes out just fine.
        I intend to call both numbers and behave unexpectedly. Too bad Hormel
makes dead animal products, I almost feel friendly to them.
                later,
                        Bill DeWitt