Re: Disaster planning

Dear Mark:

How about:

1.  Terrorists steal a shipment of smoke detectors & threaten to throw them
into Warragamba Dam, thereby holding the water supply of Sydney to
ransom....the week before the Sydney Olympics.

You & I know this isn't a problem, but how do you convince Joe Public it's
safe to drink the water?

2.  Greenies find a vehicle with radiation warning signs on it parked in a
"Nuclear Free" Zone & torch it.  Vehicle contained a soil density gauge
used in road construction - honest worker was simply preparing for an early
morning drive direct to work-site.
(I understand from reliable sources that this has actually happened more
than once in Sydney.)

3.  Or: Russian space vehicle powered by plutonium may crash into Sydney in
the nexy 48 hours.....

Byron McKavanagh,
Senior Lecturer,
Department of Applied Physics,
Central Queensland University
Rockhampton 4702 Australia.
Ph 079-309625                   Fax: 079-309209

"There is no avoiding war ( or a restructure :-) - it can only be postponed
to the advantage of others."
Niccolo Machiavelli (1469 - 1527).