food irradiation on tv

I think the TV program you are remembering is an episode of 20/20
done around 3 years ago.  I remember it as having a very pro-irradiation
conclusion.

The interviewed the "scientists" (degrees in fields totally unrelated
to food science or radiation if I remember correctly) that worked for
the anti-organization several times.  They were unable to answer the
reporters questions on the validity of there research as questioned
by many more qualified "scientists."

In my biased opinion, I thought it was well balanced and well done.
Perhaps they would re-air it if encouraged???

Mike Baker
Michael C. Baker		       	  baker@groves.neep.wisc.edu
Engineering Research Building
1500 Engineering Drive