Re: Ratio of cement to liquid waste for stablization

> This question is a little out in left field but
> hopefully someone knows it.  I'm trying to figure
> out the ratio of liquid waste to cement one could
> use for stabilization.  IE How much (volume
> wise) cement does it take to stabilize one gallon
> of mixed waste.
>
> I'm leaning towards recommending the OSC
> send this stuff to DSSI or NSSI but I'd like to
> give him some other options.
>
> Mark Winslow
> US EPA - Region II
> winslow.mark@epamail.epa.gov
>
> P.S.  To all who replied to my message a while
> back about the mixed waste thank you.

Mr. Winslow,

Bechtel has been doing this kind of stuff with liquid waste containing rad
and chemical components. I suggest you contact Eric Newberry (423-576-0399)
or Joe Wood (423-576-5207) and ask about the solidification work done for
the Colonie site for FUSRAP.

M. R. Brown, S&H Bechtel Environmental