Re: Debris Removal and Scanning

Mark,

There are a number of effective nondestructive assay methods utilized
throughout the DOE complex for measuring radioactivity.  The methods may
meet your measurement needs.  If you would like to discuss, please call me.

You may also wish to surf our home page

http://www.ornl.gov/armd/armdhp.htm

or the home page of the DOE NDA/NDE Interface Working Group maintained by
Los Alamos.  The IWG's main focus is TRU waste destined for WIPP, but many
of the same principles apply to your situation.

http://mwanal.lanl.gov/CST/ndaiwg/welcome.html

Jeff

 Jeff Chapman
 Characterization, Certification, and Pollution Prevention Dept.
 Waste Management & Remedial Action Division
 Oak Ridge National Laboratory
 CHAPMANJA@ORNL.GOV,  423-574-5729, FAX 423-576-7954
 http://www.ornl.gov/armd/armdhp.htm