Nuclear Power Reference Book

Alex and group,

Bernie Cohen's "The Nuclear Energy Option" An Alternative for the 90's",
Plenum, 1990.

It has Bernie's excellent writing with his solid calculational basis for
"factual evidence", not opinion, on consequences, comparisons, wastes, and
risks.  It updates his "Before It's Too Late: A Scientist's Case FOR Nuclear
Energy" (Plenum 1983).

These are more "technical policy analysis".  Another recent book that has more
on reactors, technology, etc is "Bluebells and Nuclear Energy" by Prof Albert
Reynolds which is a good technical treatment of reactors and operations at an
introductory college course level that could be handled by advanced high
school, with some good history-of-fission, radiation, fusion, etc, intros, in
addition to advanced reactors and some environmental comparisons. "Cogito
Books", part of Medical Physics Publishing.

I assume when you say "nuclear power" ref you don't mean a more "nuclear
reactor" book, or let us know.

Regards, Jim Muckerheide
jmuckerheide@delphi.com