Re: Nuclear Power Reference Book

> Dear Radsafers
>
> I am looking for a good reference book on nuclear power - preferably one
which
> includes quantitive data as well as qualitative descriptions. Any
suggestions
> would be appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Alex Zapantis
> Environmental Radiation Officer
> Office of the Supervising Scientist
> 40 Blackall Street

> Barton ACT 2600 AUSTRALIA
>
> Email: azapantis@mgdestmx01.erin.gov.au
> Fax : (int+) 61 6 274 1519
> Phone: (int+) 61 6 274 1642
>
> The Office of the Supervising Scientist is a Branch of the
>          Federal Environment Protection Group

Mr. Zapantis,

I am particularly fond of Ron Knief's test on Nuclear Engineering and
Reactors.  He published an updated edition about three years ago.  I don't
have to book with me at work - so I can't give you the title, but I can
give you information on contacting Dr. Knief directly.

Dr. Knief is employed at Ogden in Albuquerque. His number is 505-881-9228
ext. 120.  He should be able to give you info on publisher and costs etc.

Martha Poston-Brown, S&H, Bechtel Environmental
MRBROWN@Bechtel.com