Re: One last comment on Irradiation

Forwarded from Mike Fox:

Jim:
You are correct.  A Greenpeace lawyer could have written this. Whoever said
that this technology should be the technology of last resort, used only
when its determined that no other works, or used only when determined no
other is as safe.  Imagine if that principle were applied to travel
options, medical treatment options, dietary options,etc.  All I would want
is the CHOICE to buy irradiated food or not, at an incremental 5 cent/lb of
poultry, etc.  A well informed free market should make these choices, not
an arrogant bureaucracy.
Mike Fox