RE: One last comment on Irradiation

At 07:51 17.12.1996 -0600, you wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>May I remind you of the internationally recommended basic principles of
>radiation protection.
>In particular the justification of a practice, briefly:

Dear Patricia,

Your mail is worth to be discussed - though I personally do not want to do
it any more. I do not know, how long you have followed radsafe, but to me it
seems that most radsafers regard it as a forum to get rid of aggressions,
especially towards the US government, national organisations like EPA, DOE,
NRC.... and international organisations like the ICRP, IAEA, WHO.
"Unfortunately" about 10 percent of the messages are really excellent and a
further maybe 20 percent are at least interesting and acceptable, so I do
not want to unsubscribe.

The attitude of some persons is difficult to stand. As soon as you send a
message which is not in accordance with the opinion of some opinion leaders
you receive several replies, which show you that you are not competent, have
an unacceptable point of view, that you are not in the possession of the
absolute truth about nuclear power and so on. These people do not understand
that they are not much different in their attitude to another opinion than
the groups they accuse to act that way. They do not even recognize that
their behaviour makes the public to oppose their views. If you are not
US-American than of course your comments cannot be taken serious at all and
you receive mails which more or less tell you that you should not open your
mouth because you are not American and that your comment is biased and of
typical European arrogance. I only summarize what I usually receive.

I wanted to let you know my sympathy and do not give up - I assure you that
the number of positive personal mails one receives is usually greater the
negatives to radsafe.

Best regards, all best wishes for Christmas and the New Year!

Franz
Schoenhofer
Habichergasse 31/7
A-1160 WIEN