Re: Re[2]: One last comment on Irradiation

At 12:03 17.12.1996 -0600, you wrote:
>     I'm not sure I understand the current thoughts on risk.  The current
>     options permit people to die.  What is a few mrem/yr to an irradiator
>     worker?  Even if an irradiator worker died every month due to
>     over-exposure, this would certainly be far less than those who
>     currently die needlessly from contaminated food stuffs.
>
>     Glen Vickers
>     brzgv@ccmail.ceco.com

Do not forget all these people who die from lung cancer due to smoking every
day! (Please do not start a new discussion on radon......) Do not forget all
these people who die from starvation every day.......

I have not heard of any concern about the exposure of irradiator workers
until now and never of any risk to contaminate the food by Cs-137 or Co-60
from the irradiating nuclide.

Franz
Schoenhofer
Habichergasse 31/7