Re: Food Irradiation

At 11:55 17.12.1996 -0600, you wrote:

>     Herr Franz and others:
>
>        I for one called Hormel and offered my opinion and support of their
>     decision to study the potential to use food irradiation as a method of
>     sterilization.  I did this not only as a Health Physicist who believes
>     in the safety of the process; supported by those who have studied and
>     reported on irradiation's safety, but as a consumer as well.  I'm also
>     tired of listening to the anti's lie, cheat and steal their way into
>     "public opinion!"  Sure they have the right to be heard, but we've got
>     the right (and duty) to counteract their continual BS!
>
>        I for one plan on buying and trying food that has been irradiated.
>     I will let my taste buds be the judge!  I would not hesitate to let my
>     wife or 18 month old son eat food which has been irradiated (I love
>     them both).  I also plan on eating fish caught in Chilean waters
>     tainted with "deadly plutonium" if given the opportunity.  I'll let my
>     actions speak for my thoughts on this subject.
>
>     No disclaimers, these are my own damn opinions!  Enough said!
>
>     Ron Dobey, CHP
>     University of Missouri-Columbia
>     EHSRON@MUCCMAIL.MISSOURI.EDU               (573) 882-7221

Herr Ron,

I do not understand, why you address this message to me. It is your right to
call Hormel or whom so ever, if you want to do that. I would not, because I
do not think that is the right way to support the opinion of food
irradiation - accepted? I agree with you and am also tired of the antis or
greens or environmentalists, because I do not see any benefit from their
actions to the environment. Do not forget that they would never be heard, if
not the massmedia would give them the opportunity to express all nonsense on
TV or in papers and even run after them to catch their nonsense - perhaps
you should rather blame the massmedia?

I have no objections for eating irradiated food and I sure hope that all
spices I use and are used in production of for instance sausage are
irradiated. I would not go for Chilean fish, because no plutonium will be
present.....

Thank you for your courage, not to use any disclaimers! Finally a man who
does not need excuses for expressing his opinion!

Franz
Schoenhofer
Habichergasse 31/7
A-1160 WIEN