Food Irradiation

     Herr Franz and others:

        I for one called Hormel and offered my opinion and support of their
     decision to study the potential to use food irradiation as a method of
     sterilization.  I did this not only as a Health Physicist who believes
     in the safety of the process; supported by those who have studied and
     reported on irradiation's safety, but as a consumer as well.  I'm also
     tired of listening to the anti's lie, cheat and steal their way into
     "public opinion!"  Sure they have the right to be heard, but we've got
     the right (and duty) to counteract their continual BS!

        I for one plan on buying and trying food that has been irradiated.
     I will let my taste buds be the judge!  I would not hesitate to let my
     wife or 18 month old son eat food which has been irradiated (I love
     them both).  I also plan on eating fish caught in Chilean waters
     tainted with "deadly plutonium" if given the opportunity.  I'll let my
     actions speak for my thoughts on this subject.

     No disclaimers, these are my own damn opinions!  Enough said!

     Ron Dobey, CHP
     University of Missouri-Columbia
     EHSRON@MUCCMAIL.MISSOURI.EDU               (573) 882-7221